145 West 200 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
Visit our office
We’re right downtown, just across the street from the Salt Palace. There’s typically plenty of parking at the meters, but if you can’t find a spot, call and we can direct you to our private parking in back.
Tell us about your next creative project and we’ll explain how we can help. Send us an email.
Senior Print / Web Designer
We need an incredibly good designer who is comfortable designing for both printed communications as well as for the web. This includes:
– designing, identities, print collateral, editorial, packaging, and motion graphics
– developing website strategies, sitemaps, wireframes
– developing advertising and marketing strategies for print and digital
– creating award winning design solutions online and offline
– overseeing technical web implementations by others
– overseeing production of print materials
Front-end coding ability is not needed, but the ability to “talk the talk” with developers is required. Additional knowledge of email broadcasts, web banners and lead generation landing pages is ideal.
We are a small firm and wear many hats. Must have a strong sense of traditional design and contribute to creating identities and printed communications. Additionally an interest in strategic consulting is needed, on issues of branding, positioning and their relationship to marketing. The position works together with the Account Manager, under the direction of the Creative Director and collaborates with other designers. Creativity, initiative and independence are encouraged.
– 4 year degree from liberal arts college or university, majoring in graphic design or related field
– 3-4 years professional design experience
– demonstrated portfolio of representative design
– excellent oral and written communication skills
– great command of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
– ability to handle multiple projects & tight deadlines
modern8, established in 2001, is a brand design agency, recognized for combining brand strategy with award-winning creative to achieve a shared goal. This is a full time position at our downtown Salt Lake office. Benefits include health insurance, paid holidays and vacation, retirement plans and quarterly performance bonuses. Pay commensurate with the AIGA Survey of Design Salaries.
If you would like to be considered for a job position, please email us your résumé and portfolio.
We regularly have interns, but it is an unpaid or minimum wage position and is typically arranged with the school for university credit. If you’d like to be considered for an internship, please email us your résumé and portfolio.